– Frequently Asked Questions –

Where are you from? Would you be willing to travel and do you do elopements?

I am based out of Kitchener, Ontario but travel all over for work. If you are interested in working together, please do not hesitate to ask! Travel fees do, however, apply for distances over one hour away from my home base! I also offer elopement packages if you’re feeling adventurous!

~

How would you describe your photography style?

Let’s just say that I really love colour. I’m not a photographer that likes to tone it down or fade an image. I strive to capture the vibrancy of the surroundings and the mood of the setting so that my viewers can feel like the image is alive and like they are physically taking part. I want people to feel like they are there emotionally, as if the scene was playing out right before their eyes. Whatever your vibe is, I like to capture it. I want viewers to know who you are as a couple by simply looking at your images and feeling it. Please have a look over my gallery to make sure that I am the right photographer for you!

~

Are you the primary photographer and will you be the one photographing my event?

Yes + yes! I am the primary photographer for KP and will be shooting your event! If you have also requested a second photographer, they will be working alongside me for the day. In an emergency situation where I cannot make it to your event, I will send a backup photographer with a similar style to mine.

~

Will all of the images we receive be edited?

Yes! All of your images will be hand-edited one by one. I don’t do any mass editing, as I want to ensure that every image you receive looks as good as possible.

~

Will our digital files be watermarked?

No, the images you receive will not be watermarked.

~

How many pictures will we receive in total?

Each package guarantees a minimum number of edited images that you will receive (which adds up to about 25-30 images per hour). From my experience, I know that this is what I can deliver. Yes, it is likely that you will end up with more images than the minimum amount specified. This depends on the photo-taking opportunities at your event. For example, some couples like doing a ‘sunset session’ on their wedding day, which occurs after their main bride-and-groom session. In that case, I usually deliver many more images than I would if I did not have that opportunity. In other cases, I am not allowed to take any photos during the ceremony due to certain traditional/religious policies, or there is a long travel time between the ceremony and the reception hall. In these instances, I may not be able to deliver past the minimum image guarantee. Every wedding is unique and the photo-taking opportunities vary, thus I never know exactly how many images I will end up with! That being said, I can promise you that I will do my very best to maximize your image count and make the most out of your wedding day coverage.

~

Do you recommend having engagement photos done?

I sure do! I think that having an engagement session is a very great way for you to get a feel for what your big day will be like. Your photographer is someone that is going to be with you all day, so why not see what it’s like to have them photograph you in advance? It’s also my chance to get to know you as a client and ensure that I can make you feel confident and comfortable in front of the camera. The more I learn about your personalities, the better I can document your wedding day in such a way that reflects you as a couple.

~

How does payment work? Do we pay you everything in advance?

Once you have made the decision that you would like me as your photographer, I will require a 40% retainer to reserve your wedding date. The remaining 60% of the balance is due two weeks before your event.

~

When can we expect to receive our photos?

You can expect to receive your photos within 6 weeks of your event. Depending on which package you choose, your delivery will either be through a password-protected, online gallery or through a USB flash. However, I often post ‘sneak peeks’ on my Facebook page within a day or so, so keep an eye out for those!

~

Do you photograph anything other than weddings and engagements?

Weddings and engagements are my main focus, however, I still do the occasional family and maternity shoot! There are limited spots available for these sessions, and it is likely that they will have to be done during the week, as most of my weekends will be reserved for weddings.

 
Menu